We are currently looking for part-time and full-time Content Writers to join our Social Media Team to produce high-quality daily content for our social media accounts. This position is suitable for UK graduates with previous working experience in Chinese social media marketing and copywriting. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to start a career in the UK digital marketing and media industry.
This is a ‘remote working’ position which does not require travelling.
- produce well-researched, engaging British Lifestyle content to publish on social media platforms
- create content aligned with the company’s mission and brand image to ensure the content standards are met using the appropriate tone
- design content layout including paragraphs, titles, links, images and videos
- communicate and work with Editors on assigned topics to ensure all requirements are met
- deliver all finished content within assigned deadlines.
- extensive knowledge of British Lifestyle (travel, shopping, how-to, restaurants, events, study, culture)
- excellent Chinese writing skills
- excellent research skills in both Chinese and English
- knowledge of social media marketing tactics, including increase user engagement and views
- the ability to consistently create interesting, high-quality content within tight deadlines
- strong organisational and communication skills with a self-directed work style
- experienced social media user (e.g. Weibo, WeChat, Little Red Book, Instagram)
- proficient in content layout design tools (e.g. Xiumi) and photo/video editing tools
- demonstrated passion for British Lifestyle (travel, shopping, how-to, restaurants, events, study, culture)
- has lived in the UK for at least 6 months
- interested in social media content creation
- bachelor’s degree in Chinese, journalism or related field
- minimum of 1 year’s experience writing for a B2C audience
- familiar with the existing Red Scarf content styles
- is eligible to work in the UK with a valid visa (for graduates, willing to obtain PSW after graduation)
- Interested in developing a long-term media/marketing career in the UK