We are currently looking for a full-time Article Editor to join our Article Team to produce high-quality daily content for our website and APP. This position is suitable for UK graduates, with previous editorial working experience gained in China, looking to start a career within the media industry in the UK.
Red Scarf is based in London. However, our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and so this position will be home-based initially with a view to return to the office very soon as per governmental guidelines.
- write and publish content for the company's websites/APPs, ensure all content and images adhere to our Content Standards and Brand Guidelines
- source and recognise British lifestyle related topics by researching SEO keywords/social media trends/websites and sales performance data/attending restaurant/store reviews and events
- select materials for online contents, check content styles, grammar, accuracy as well as legality of content and arrange for any necessary revisions. Submit drafts to the Senior Editor for approval.
- make any necessary amendments through regular content maintenance and determine whether content is suitable for publishing
- assign work to writers, approve the content plan and review the writers’ work for accuracy, content style, grammar, layout and legality
- provide performance feedback to writers and report to the Senior Editor and Line Manager
- assist the Senior Editor with the organising and production of daily publication schedules and campaign planning, by providing topics and ensuring that assigned works are completed within specific timeframes and deadlines
- provide support and assistance to the Senior Editor as and when required.
- 1 year+ minimum relevant writing and editing experience
- UK lifestyle (food, shopping, travel, life, culture,events) enthusiast
- have a solid understanding of SEO & Content Marketing principles and practices
- demonstrated ability to create high traffic/sales contents
- attention to detail and proven proofreading skills
- able to edit and write copy accurately and clearly with an understanding of how to tailor content to suit different audiences
- able to create content and postings that are creative and visually appealing
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- well organised and able to juggle multiple work-streams simultaneously
- familiar with spreadsheets and data recording